Battling Aspergers and ADHD at work

I changed jobs a few months back and what I knew would be a significant challenge has been more of a battle and for much of the time!

I’ve been forced into confronting my severe ADHD and Aspergers on a daily basis and my journey thus far has been painful.

• The pressure and anxiety have, at times, has been crippling
  • But I’m still on track
  • In uncharted waters!

The prize for overcoming these battles is the dream that I have cherished since my youth.

But in order to cross the finish line I will need to reach far beyond the limits of my neurological impairments.

• This is going to draw on skills that in some cases I will be accessing for the first time
  • As well as all of the mindfulness I can muster

To achieve this leaves me but one course of action.

I’m gonna to have to really suck it up

• finally confronting my neurological demons……
  • and transcending my Aspergers and ADHD!

See you on the other side.

1. Richard Long
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 12:57:11

Rooting for you Scribe!

Nov 27, 2012 @ 12:59:19

Thanks Richard, no way out now that I’ve gone public 🙂

3. Richard Long
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 14:55:43

The only way out is in! Always true now, always has been.

4. Michele Schwien (@MLSchwienD)
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 23:44:26

Wa-hoo! You go! I’m proud of you for being on track. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, even if there comes a stumble. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You will eventually get to where you want to be. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” (Aristotle). Continue to be excellent, Scribe.

Great Rocky scene. Exactly what I want for my boy.

5. Lori Gertz
    Dec 07, 2012 @ 01:30:38

Kudos to you Scribe! Keep on keepin’ on…..

6. DJ Kirkby
    Dec 20, 2012 @ 09:15:29

Well don for going public. I came out ASD at work a couple of years ago, it’s been an interesting journey. I hope it all goes well for you and you get all the support you need.

7. mlday (@mlday006)
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 11:32:47

As a recent subscriber to “postcards…” I have discovered a “new world ” that I thought was out there somewhere. I’m not so in there as I thought I was1